- Sheet Metal Working (3,518)
- Machining Centers (1,424)
- Drilling Machines (1,025)
- Boring Mills (830)
- Lathes (2,832)
- Erosion Machines (287)
Milling Machines (2,075)
- Bed Type Milling Machine (232)
- Gantry Type Milling Machine (74)
- HSC High Speed Milling Machine (22)
- Copy Milling Machines (19)
- Universal Milling Machines (105)
- Spindle Moulders (8)
- Double Head Milling Machines (0)
- Clamping Systems (110)
- Clamping Towers (4)
- Engraving Machines (57)
- CNC Milling Machines (52)
- Knee Type Milling Machine (91)
- Planer Type Milling Machine (59)
- Tool Room Milling Machine (285)
- Further Milling Machines (33)
- Machine vice (105)
- Lateral Milling Machine (0)
- Die Casting Machines (90)
- Measuring / Testing Machines (656)
- Surface Treatment (973)
- Presses (1,891)
- Production Lines (256)
- Saws (871)
- Grinding Machines (2,438)
- Forging Machines (87)
- Welding Machines (516)
- Gear Cutting Machines (1,001)
- Heat Treatment (60)
- Further Machine Tools (1,261)
- Wire Processing (686)
- Metal Materials (1)
Find the list of Knee Type Milling Machines for Sale from top sellers and various manufacturers at the best bargains in Industrial auctions. Select your knee mill machine, compare specs and price and buy the best deal!
Knee Type Milling Machine
Classification of Milling Machines
Milling can be defined as the process of removing material from a work piece by feeding it against a rotary multi point cutting tool called as the milling cutter. Milling machines are the most versatile machines used in the industries for the machining of flat surfaces, spirals, helixes, grooves, slots and complex contours etc. and they are basically classified as being horizontal or vertical indicating the axis of the milling machine spindle. Milling machines can also be classified based on the configuration of the work table or bed as:
- Knee type
- Bed type
- Planer type
- Rotary table type
Knee Type Milling Machine Configuration
Knee mill machine is a commonly used general purpose machine in factories. The name, “Knee type milling machine” is because of the fact that the work table is supported on a knee-like casting which can slide in a vertical direction along the column to which it is rigidly clamped to in a position where the milling head and milling machine spindle are properly adjusted for operation. The principal components of a knee milling machine are:
- Work table – The work piece is clamped onto the work table using the T-slots.
- Saddle – The function of a saddle is to support the work table
- Knee – It supports the saddle and gives the table vertical movements, thereby responsible for the adjustment of the depth of cut.
- Overarm – It is used in horizontal machines to accommodate different arbor lengths.
- Milling Head – It contains the spindle and cutter holders. The head may be fixed or vertically adjustable in vertical machines depending on the purpose of use.
Motion in a Knee Type Milling Machine
The milling machine's knee travels vertically, rides up or down the column on a rigid track also supporting the saddle and table. The saddle resting upon the knee moves in and out from the column, while the worktable traverses to the right or left upon the saddle for feeding the work piece past the milling cutter. The table may be manually controlled or power fed. Additionally, the ram, at the top of the column, which supports the milling head containing the motor, tool head, speed and feed controls, quill and spindle can be moved both in and out from the column and can be tilted for angular milling and drilling as well. The non-rotating quill holds the rotating spindle.
Knee Type Milling Machine Types
Knee milling machines can be further sub-divided into two types as horizontal and vertical machines depending on the axis of rotation. The plain vertical machines are characterized by a spindle located vertically, parallel to the column face, and mounted in a sliding head in which the feeding can be done up and down. Modern vertical milling machines are designed in such a way that the entire milling head can also be swivelled to a certain extent for the purpose of exclusively working on angular surfaces.
In a plain horizontal milling machine, column contains the drive motor and gearing and milling spindle is fixed at a particular position horizontally . An adjustable overhead arm containing one or more arbor supports projects forward from the top of the column. The primary function of the arm and its supports is to stabilize long arbors. Supports can be moved along the overhead arm to support the arbor wherever necessary depending on the position of the milling cutter. With various attachments, knee type milling machines can be used for various operations like boring, slotting, reaming, circular milling and drilling.
Knee Mill Machine Manufacturers
Some of the milling machine manufacturers in the world are: BRETON, COMI, KLOPP, Knuth Machine Tools, SAJO, Milltronics Manufacturing, MAKINO, Danobat group, MAZAK and DMG MORI SEIKI, RECKERMANN etc.
Buying Used Knee Type Milling Machines
You can see most of the available used milling machines for sale in our website because of the partnership, TradeMachines has with several leading industrial auction houses in UK, USA and other countries. Based on your needs and cost constraints on buying used milling machines, you can decide on the one which suits your purpose at a single platform from where you will be taken directly to the online auctioning event.