- Sheet Metal Working (3,208)
- Machining Centers (1,304)
- Drilling Machines (942)
- Boring Mills (802)
- Lathes (2,768)
- Erosion Machines (197)
- Milling Machines (1,816)
- Die Casting Machines (77)
- Measuring / Testing Machines (435)
- Surface Treatment (846)
- Presses (1,673)
- Production Lines (217)
- Saws (784)
Grinding Machines (2,136)
- Surface Grinding Machine (664)
- Guideway Grinding Machine (17)
- Internal Grinding Machine (138)
- Support Grinding Machines (0)
- Polishing Machines (140)
- Camshaft Grinding Machines (7)
- Sharpening Machines (18)
- Crankshaft Grinders (42)
- Jig Grinding Machine (35)
- Cylindrical Grinding Machine (254)
- Combination Grinding Machines (0)
- Cutter Grinding Machines (0)
- Drill Grinding Machines (20)
- Stylus Grinding Machines (0)
- Centerless Grinding Machine (77)
- Roll Grinding Machine (9)
- Tool Grinding Machine (301)
- Further Grinding Machines (2)
- Double Ended Grinder (141)
- Single Ended Grinder (7)
- Forging Machines (70)
- Welding Machines (448)
- Gear Cutting Machines (935)
- Heat Treatment (59)
- Further Machine Tools (873)
- Wire Processing (452)
- Metal Materials (5)
Grinding is a removal manufacturing process that works with geometrically undefined cuts. Grinding machines are mainly used for finishing metal workpieces and as a metal polishing machine that require precision in their form and dimensions. Grinders are metalworking machines that consist of a workpiece bed with fixtures for guiding and holding and powered abrasive wheels used to shape workpieces using a process of shear deformation.
Development and History of the Grinding Machine
Grinding machines are most commonly used for hard materials. Grinder machine suited, for example, for processing hard metal or hardened steel workpieces. The grinding material used is finely ground and is either bound together in the form of a grinding wheel or band, or is loose (e.g. during lapping).Using sharp grains of sand to remove hard materials is dated back to the Stone Age. Rotating grinding stones have been used to sharpen bells from at least the 9th century. The first grinding machines were used in the 12th century as grinding mills, which were converted from conventional grinders.
Areas of Application of Metal Grinding Machines
There are a number of different types of grinding machines for sale for sheet metal work, and they are applied for various tasks. Important characteristics to note when looking at a grinding machine are the location of the contact area between the workpiece and tool, and where the cutting movement and main feed direction are situated. The cutting area is the differentiating factor between side grinding and peripheral grinding. The direction of the movements determines which process (i.e. up grinding, slide grinding or pendulum grinding) can be undertaken. The actual movement of the cut or the feeding movements are controlled by the rotating, and sometimes oscillating, tool. Surface grinders and cylindrical grinders can be used for all general applications. A surface grinder is used to create even surfaces and a cylindrical grinder is used for workpieces with rotational symmetry. There are internal and external cylindrical grinding machines available; universal cylindrical grinding machines are a combination of the two. The centre less cylindrical grinder is a special construction with a high stock removal rate and reduced idle time. Tool and form grinders are particularly precise in their work and are used to produce or refurbish tools. For example, tool grinders are used to sharpen drills, lathe chisels and mill cutters. Gear grinding machines are used to produce the teeth for gears. Belt grinders are used to produce surfaces of the highest quality, to engrave cast and punched pieces, and clean sheet metal. For workpieces that have very high requirements for their surface quality, shape and dimensional accuracy can be processed using honing and lapping machines.
The grinding process is used to remove large volumes of excess metal in a relatively short time and to produce items with a high surface quality. Operators can control the movement of the grinding head across a workpiece fixed into position. Alternatively the workpiece can be moved while the abrasive wheel remains fixed. Here are the main types of grinding machines that can be located and purchased with ease at used industrial machinery auctions.
Grinding Machine Types
- Cylindrical Grinding machines: These are the most common type. These are used to shape the exterior of an object, such as a cylinder or a crankshaft, having a central axis of rotation. Cylindrical grinding can be divided into four types; outside diameter, inside diameter, creep feed, plunge and centreless grinding.
- Centerless Grinding machines: These differ from centred grinding machines in that there is no spindle on which to secure the workpiece. Instead, it is set in place between a pair of rotary grinding wheels. This process is noted for its speed and can be divided into three main types; through feed, end feed and in feed.
- Jig Grinding machines
- Surface Grinding machines: are used to produce precision ground surfaces to a high degree of precision. These are divided into peripheral grinders utilising horizontal spindles, wheel face grinders with vertical spindles, and disc grinders available in both horizontal and vertical spindle types.
- Belt Grinding machines
- Internal Grinding machines
- Tool and Gear Grinding machines: Tool grinding machines, otherwise known as cutter and tool grinders, are very versatile items of equipment that are used to sharpen tool bits, milling cutters and various other cutting tools. They can be used for various grinding processes, including quite complex forms. Modern grinding machines are CNC tool grinders, generally with five axes.
Used Grinding Machines
Surface grinder, polishing machines, whether fixed or portable grinding machine, are an extremely useful item of equipment to have at your company's disposal. With their wide range of uses in various aspects of manufacturing they can be a considerable asset to your business. You'll find plenty of grinding machines for sale, but it may be that the price of new grinding equipment might put you off committing to such an expense. It's worth remembering that used grinding machine will cost you considerably less than new ones and will most often be immediately available; a big plus if you know what it's like having to wait for new equipment to be ready and delivered. If you are looking for grinding machines for sale, a great way of finding exactly what you require is via used industrial machinery auctions, where you will be able to choose from a wide selection of items suitable to your needs. You need not be concerned about the condition of your used grinders, either, as the vast majority of previously owned equipment offered for sale is not being let go because it has faults, but because it can no longer be used in the particular marketplace it once served. Someone else's loss can most certainly be your gain!
Grinding machine manufacturing companies such as AEG, JANSEN, JUNG, VICTOR, etc., are producing machines that lasts long and runs uninterrupted for long years and thus used grinding machines are a good bet to buy at cheap and affordable prices. A selection of used grinders for sale from different manufacturers, within various models to perform specific and precise processes while working on metal and wood materials are readily available to bid and buy on TradeMachines.com. TradeMachines enables the users to compare used grinding machines by price, model, location, manufacturer and dealer or auction house which gives more freedom for machineseekers to select the right machine for desired needs. All the auctions in grinding machine section are readily available to bid on all auction houses respectively. A simple three step process would enable you to choose, bid and win (own) a hand grinding machine or used CNC grinders of your choice.
Grinding Machine Manufacturers
Some leading manufacturers of high performance CNC grinding machines are LIEBHERR, SCHAUDT, TOSHIBA, OKUMA, DANOBAT, MAKINO, EMAG and FEIN; all names to be aware of when looking for a grinding machine for sale. Used grinders manufactured by JONES & SHIPMAN, a subsidiary of KELLENBERGER, prove to be extremely popular on the used grinding machine market, as this company are noted for the efficiency and precision of their equipment, backed up by over a hundred years of experience. JAINNHER produce what is considered to be the ultimate angular cylindrical grinding machine.