- Auction: 13 days left
United Kingdom | Leeds
Year of Make: 2000
United Kingdom | Leeds
Year of Make: 2000
Year of Make: 1955
- A later M version of the MKVII featuring LHD steering and manual transmission|- Sold new in Los Angeles, California, and repatriated in around 2011|- Comprehensively restored in England between 2011 and 2014 and finished in a most appealing colour combination|According to the Heritage Certificate on file this stately Jaguar MKVII is a later M version that was built on February 15th 1955 to LHD specification and despatched by the factory to the Los Angeles dealer Hornburg, in California. We understand it was repatriated in or before 2011 as it was comprehensively restored between 2011 and 2014, with bills for the work in the history file apparently totalling more than _36,000. We are told that the work was thorough and documented with photographs and included a rejuvenation of the engine (believed to be the car''s original unit) and gearbox, as well as the brakes, wiring loom, and the interior. It was finished in a most appropriate navy blue and the interior was trimmed in light blue
Featuring notably slimmer roof pillars than its MKI forebear, the immortal Jaguar MKII was as airy on the inside as it was elegant on the outside. Its monocoque bodyshell was equipped with independent coil-sprung front suspension and a well located live rear axle, 12-inch disc brakes all round and recirculating ball steering. The model could be specified with a 2.4, 3.4 or 3.8-litre version of Jaguar''s race-proved, DOHC inline, six-cylinder XK engine. The interior was quintessentially British with its sumptuous leather-covered seats, polished wood facia and door cappings, comprehensive instrumentation and impressive row of auxiliary toggle switches. The attention to detail and build quality of the MKII were remarkable for the price. Equipped with the 220bhp 3.8-litre engine, the Jaguar was reputedly capable of sprinting to 60mph in 8.5 seconds and on to a top speed of 125mph. Some 30,141 3.8s were produced between 1959 and 1967.|Finished in Dark Green with Tan leather upholstery, this
Year of Make: 1968
- Only c.1600 miles since completion by vendor in 2010 using Jaguar 420 donor|- GRP body, 3.8-litre VSE engine, twin SUs, overdrive gearbox, copies of build sheets|- Magazine featured, period Suffolk registration number and Swansea V5C|In many ways the XK120''s success, both on and off the track, took Jaguar by surprise. Among the fastest production cars of its day, the model had obvious competition potential but the endurance racing derivative that debuted at the 1951 Le Mans 24-hours was an altogether more specialised machine. Conceived behind closed doors, the XK120-Competition - a.k.a. the C-Type - was considerably faster, lighter and nimbler than its roadgoing sibling. The work of Bob Knight and Malcolm Sayer respectively, the newcomer''s sophisticated multi-tubular chassis frame and aerodynamic bodywork allowed it to conquer contemporary Ferrari, Aston Martin and Mercedes-Benz opposition.|Famous for winning the 1951 and 1953 Le Mans 24-hours, the C-Type may well have triumphed on
Info-mailer for "Cars"
Subscribe and receive new product announcements NO SPAM!
Please click the link in the email we just sent you, to complete the subscription process.
Year of Make: 1951
- Delivered new to New Zealand, 3.5-litre example|- Discovered in a barn in 1994 and subjected to comprehensive restoration|- Prize winner at Easter 2003 National Jaguar Rally (NZ), imported to UK in 2011|The Mark V was unveiled on 30 September 1948 and launched on 27 October 1948 at the London Motor Show, sharing the stand with the XK120. Whilst the XK120 stole the show, the Mark V vastly outsold it by roughly 5,000 cars per year as compared to 2,000 cars per year for the XK120. The Mark V retained the 1946-48 driveline including the overhead-valve pushrod straight-six 2? and 3?-litre engines. The chassis was new, however, with independent front suspension by double wishbones and torsion bar, a feature of many future offerings from Jaguar. It also had hydraulic brakes and an all pressed steel body. Just 108 RHD 3 ?-litre drophead coupes were produced as most were built for the LHD export market.|One of just eight examples originally exported to New Zealand, this impeccably restored Mk
Year of Make: 1955
Year of Make: 1966
- Dismantled in the 1990s but restoration never commenced|- Matching numbers, Heritage Certificate, imported from USA|- Understood but not warranted to be mainly complete, many photos of packed parts|The E-Type, or XK-E as it was known in the USA, made its debut at the 1961 Geneva Salon. At launch, it was the fastest production car of its time - its 3.8-litre engine allowing a 0-60mph acceleration time of a whisker over seven seconds and a top speed of c.150mph. The capacity was increased from 3.8 to 4.2-litres in October 1964 and, with the change, came a sweeter all-synchromesh gearbox, better brakes and electrical systems, and more comfortable seats. Production figures vary slightly depending on the source, but approximately 9,548 4.2-litre roadsters were built between 1964 and 1968.|This LHD example was recently imported from America. Understood to have been restored at some earlier point in its life, it was disassembled in the 1990s but the planned father and son restoration never
Year of Make: 1962
- An early matching numbers example acquired by the current owner in around 1978 as a running car but in need of restoration|- The engineer vendor stripped the car in the mid 1980''s and carried out significant restorative works to the body and mechanicals|- The construction of racing and aerobatic aircraft restricted the E-Types rejuvenation and it has remained in a barn loft since 1990|The green registration book that accompanies this early right-hand-drive E-Type 3.8 Coupe shows that it was acquired by Venture Garage of Holbrook, Derbyshire, in March 1969. The current proprietor of the garage informed us that his father, Tom Bacon, was quite well known in the local area for driving around in this E-Type. Clearly an enthusiast, Mr Bacon owned five V12 versions when he passed away in around 2005.|Original paint on the door and bonnet hinges lead us to believe that the car was originally finished in Opalescent Silver Blue, and after sporting a red hue for a while the car was navy blue
Year of Make: 1963
- Unusually original Series 1 3.8 Roadster right down its factory installed body number plaque and carburettor sequence tags etc|- Currently displaying an unwarranted but not inconceivable 22,400 miles|- Recently repatriated from a Massachusetts barn. Running and driving but in need of recommissioning and / or restoration|Famously launched at the 1961 Geneva Motor Show, the Jaguar E-Type created a furore. Its combination of supercar performance, superb styling and a low price tag left rivals reeling and customers clamouring. While, early sportscar racing success at the hands of Graham Hill and Roy Salvadori amongst others helped cement its reputation. Built as a monocoque with a front sub-frame to cradle the engine, the model''s combination of all-round independent suspension (torsion-bar front / coil-sprung rear) rack and pinion steering and four-wheel disc brakes gave it excellent roadholding and handling capabilities. Fed by triple SU HD8 carburettors and topped with a ''straight po
Year of Make: 1958
According to the Jaguar Heritage Certificate included in the sale, ''SPL 55'' (the original registration was the Wolverhampton number ''VUK 987'') was first registered to Jaguar dealer W M Hendrick of Walsall on May 3 1958, having vacated the Browns Lane production line on March 12. The Fixed Head Coupe''s distinctive Orange bodywork is teamed with Brown interior trim and the Jaguar rides on painted wire wheels. It is understood the long term previous owner, a Mr Morton of Staffordshire, used the car for club racing. The most recent MOT certificate is dated 1991 and it is believed this could be the last time the XK took the road - whatever, it is now in need of restoration and priced accordingly. It is has the desirable SE specification and comes complete with green log book as well as the aforementioned Heritage Certificate. The odometer currently registers an unwarranted 78,000 miles.
Year of Make: 1973
- LHD, manual transmission recently given comprehensive overhaul, new clutch|- Imported from USA in 2016, not UK registered|- Brown with Tan interior|The E-Type was an icon from its inception. On the wish-list of those with and without the means to get behind the wheel, no other car has invaded the psyche of the motoring world in quite the same way since. The Series 3 cars were introduced in 1971, all but a handful of which were fitted with Jaguar''s new 5.3-litre V12 engine. The original (short) wheelbase was discontinued and the revised car offered only as Roadster (now based on the longer 2+2 floorpan) or 2+2 Coupe. Production of the Series 3 model continued until 1974, when the range was superseded by the XJS; by which time some 15,000 V12-engined examples had been produced - most of which were exported to North America. The purposeful-looking Series 3 E-Types are readily identified from their predecessors by the large cross-slatted radiator grille, flared wheel arches, wider track
Year of Make: 1968
Year of Make: 1953
- An Ex-Works Car as confirmed by its accompanying Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust Certificate|- Supplied new to S.H. Newsome Ltd & Co Ltd, the dealership owned by former Le Mans class winner and Jaguar Works driver Sammy Newsome|- Comprehensively re-configured and uprated by Guy Broad to become ''Broad Sport 0009'' in 1999|A winner ''out the box'' in the Daily Express-sponsored One Hour Production Race at Silverstone on 30th August 1949, the XK120 also claimed victory during the following year''s Dundrod Tourist Trophy with Stirling Moss behind the wheel not to mention recording strong performances at that season''s Le Mans 24-hours (5th-in-class), Targa Florio (2nd when retired) and Mille Miglia (5th overall, the marque''s best-ever result). No less impressive were the three Coupe des Alpes that Ian and Pat Appleyard won aboard their famous XK120 Roaster ''NUB 120''. The latter''s successor, ''RUB 120'', enabled the Appleyards to claim their fifth and final Coupe des Alpes on the 1953
Year of Make: 1958
- Registered new in New Zealand|- Restored in Australia with louvres, rear arches and PAS fitted|- Green with red interior|The retrospectively named ''Mk 1'' made its debut in 1955, powered by a 2.4-litre short-stroke version of the XK120''s twin-cam six-cylinder engine. In early 1957, the model became available with the larger 3.4-litre unit developing some 210bhp which had already appeared in the Jaguar Mark VIII. The 3.4 had a larger front grille for better cooling, a stronger rear axle, and the rear-wheel covers were cut away to accommodate knock-off hubcaps. Mark I 3.4 saloons competed successfully in competition in period, notable drivers including Stirling Moss, Mike Hawthorn, Tommy Sopwith, and Roy Salvadori.|991 UYT was sold new in New Zealand and first registered in December 1958. In the 1990s the car was taken to Australia by its then owner where it received a cosmetic restoration covering the interior and a respray in metallic green. At the same time, it also received coomb
Spain | Vilafranca del Penedès
Year of Make: 1999
One of the great time and effort saving devices of all time, the car or automobile is the most widely used form of motorized transport in the world today. Petrol, electric or hybrid, there are certainly plenty of used cars to choose from upcoming and current auto auctions online.
Karl Benz is generally considered to be the inventor of the modern motor car. He was the first to successfully apply the internal combustion engine to the propulsion of a wheeled vehicle. Today his legacy is all around us, and it's hard to imagine a world without it and the convenience it bestows. Small cars tend to dominate the global best seller list, with the FORD Focus at the very top, followed by the HYUNDAI Elantra, CHEVROLET Cruze, and the Polo and Jetta from VOLKSWAGEN. The only mid-size car in the top ten is the TOYOTA Camry. It's possible to find very reasonably priced used cars amongst these market leading marques. Other hugely popular cars globally are the VOLKSWAGEN Golf, FORD Fiesta, TOYOTA Corolla and HONDA CRV. Gaining ground rapidly in a world growing increasingly environmentally conscious are electric cars. The most highly rated amongst these are the VAUXHALL Ampera and CHEVROLET Volt. On the Sports utility vehicle front the Range Rover Evoque SD4 Dynamic from LAND ROVER seems to be leading the way.
If you wish to buy a used car you have several advantages in your favor. Bear these in mind when you are checking out what is available at used car auctions. Firstly, being cheaper they are far more budget friendly. Secondly, you avoid the hit of the vehicle's first years of rapid depreciation. Thirdly, the cost of insurance will be less. Fourthly, due to increased reliability, buying a used car is far lees of a risk than it used to be. Lastly, you're left with extra cash to add improvements or accessories. Buying a used car could not be more satisfying than when you snap up a bargain at a used car auction.
Here is the list of used cars for sale from various manufacturers you can by used cars auctions from: ABARTH, ACURA, ALFA ROMEO, ALPINA, ARIEL, ASCARI, ASIA MOTORS, ASTON MARTIN, AUDI, AUSTIN, AUTOBIANCHI, BENTLEY, BMW, BRISTOL, BUGATTI, BUICK, CADILLAC, CARVER, CATERHAM, CHEVROLET, CHRYSLER, CITROEN, CORVETTE, DACIA, DAEWOO, DAIHATSU, DAIMLER, DATSUN, DAVID BROWN, DETOMASO, DFSK, DODGE, DUNKERVOORT, EAGLE, FERRARI, FIAT, FISKER, FORD, FSO, GALLOPER, GENERAL MOTORS, GEO, GINETTA, GLOBAL ELECTRIC, GREAT WALL, HOILDEN, HONDA, HUMMER, HYUNDAI, INFINITI, INNOCENTI, INVICTA, ISUZU, IVECO, JAGUAR, JEEP, JOSSE, KIA, KODE, KOENIGSEGG, KTM, LADA, LAMBORGHINI, LANCIA, LAND ROVER, LANDWIND, LASALLE, LEXUS, LINCOLN, LOTUS, LYKAN, MARCOS, MASERATI, MAYBACH, MAZDA, MCLAREN, MEGA, MERCEDES, MERCURY, MG, MINI, MITSUBISHI, MORGAN, MORRIS, NISSAN, NOBLE, OLDSMOBILE, OPEL, PACKARD, PAGANI, PERODUA, PEUGEOT, PGO, PLYMOUTH, PONTIAC, PORSCHE, PRINCE, PRINCESS, PROTON, PUCH, QVALE, RADICAL, RAM, REGAL, RENAULT, ROLLS-ROYCE, ROVER, SAAB, SALEEN, SATURN, SCION, SEAT, SHELBY, SKODA, SMART, SPECTRE, SRT, SSANG YONG, SUBARU, SUZUKI, TALBOT, TATA, TESLA, THINK, TOYOTA, TRIDENT, TRIUMPH, TVR, ULTIMA, VAUXHALL, VOLKSWAGEN, VOLVO, WESTFIELD, XIALI, ZX.