- Auction: 53 days left
Year of Make: 1964
Year of Make: 1964
Year of Make: 1907
Year of Make: 1968
- Light blue with black interior, replacement Spyder chassis|- c._6,000 spent on recommissioning in 2010 with Bateman''s Performance Engineering|- Recent hood, stored last four years, 44,981 miles recorded|The original Ron Hickman-penned Elan looks as fresh as when it burst onto the roads in 1962 and, thanks to its lightweight, stiff backbone chassis, fully independent wishbone suspension and potent twin-cam powerplant, will still show a clean pair of heels to many a far younger rival. The vendor informs us this light blue example has enjoyed just three previous owners since being first registered in February 1968. The second owner was a stepson of renowned Lotus racer Adam Currie. A replacement Spyder chassis was fitted in 1988 whilst some _6,000 was invested in recommissioning works in 2010 with specialists Bateman''s Performance Engineering including new CV drive shafts, fuel tank, ignition, brakes etc. A recent hood has also been fitted and a tonneau cover is included. In storage f
Year of Make: 1949
- Reputedly supplied new to the US Consulate in Ireland for use by the Consul General''s bodyguards (and one of just three such ''Woodies'' made)|- Treated to an extensive bodywork / woodwork restoration by S.T. Foreman of Bosham, West Sussex during the 1990s|- Formerly registered with the DVLA as ''MSU 202'' prior to entering the current Irish ownership
Info-mailer for "Cars"
Subscribe and receive new product announcements NO SPAM!
Please click the link in the email we just sent you, to complete the subscription process.
Year of Make: 2001
Year of Make: 1962
- Repatriated from America in 1989 and believed to have covered just 2,200 miles since being extensively restored the following decade|- Originally finished in Cream with Red upholstery and a Blue roof (the same livery it pleasingly sports today)|- Sympathetically improved and recommissioned during the current five-year ownership (hi-torque starter motor, improved oil filtration, polybushed suspension, new in-tank fuel pump etc)|- ''Matching'' chassis and engine block numbers
Year of Make: 1964
Year of Make: 1961
Year of Make: 1938
- Restored in 1980s and nicely mellowed with wonderful patina|- Original registration number and buff logbook|- History file including invoices and photos of the restoration|Announced in 1936, the TA established the famous T-Series pedigree which would persist until the mid-1950s. Designed around a simple new ladder-type chassis frame, with beam axles and front and rear, allied to ultra-stiff leaf springs, the newcomer was powered by an overhead-valve engine allied to part-synchromesh four-speed manual transmission. The top speed was up to 75mph, the ride was firm, but the entire driving experience was exhilarating. A total of 3,003 TAs were produced until 1939.|First registered on 6th April 1938 and understood to retain its original registration number, GRE 318 was restored during the 1980s and has been in the current ownership since 2005. Now finished in red with a lovely patina to the red leather seats, the car has been used sparingly by the vendor, mainly attending various shows ar
Year of Make: 1965
Year of Make: 1946
Year of Make: 1970
- Chassis Number One and Body Number One|- The first left-hand drive Series III 2+2-seater made and the only example fitted with a 4.2-litre XK engine|- Referred to by Jaguar Enthusiast magazine as ''A Ghost of an E-Type'' and ''the one missing link'' (August 2017 issue)|- Offered from the collection of music producer Pete Waterman and in his care since the late 1980s.|Rarer than any other E-type variant including the fabled ''Lightweight'', marque authorities have suggested that between four and six Series 3 cars were factory-fitted with XK DOHC 4.2 litre engines. The earliest Series 3 brochures mention ''A new Jaguar Engine - the 5.3 litre V12 to supplement the 4.2 litre six cylinder ''XK'' engine'' and even feature pictures of the latter but in reality derivatives equipped with the smaller powerplant were never made available to the general public.|Presumed lost for many years and thus referred to as ''A Ghost of an E-Type'' and ''the one missing link'' by Jaguar Enthusiast magazine
Year of Make: 1937
- Stalled restoration with much work completed in the 1980s|- Engine overhaul by Arthur Archer c.30 years ago, rechroming done etc.|- Believed to include most parts to finish|Unveiled at the October 1935 London Motor Show, the BI 105 was arguably the last 105 variant to remain true to designer Georges Roesch''s engineering principles. Notably rigid and low-slung, the newcomer''s chassis was reinforced by the use of a massive tubular cruciform brace and additional perforated channel sections to the inner face of its main side members. Equipped with all-round semi-elliptic leaf-spring suspension, Luvax adjustable dampers and large-diameter drum brakes, the BI 105 was powered by a free-revving 3-litre straight-six engine allied to Wilson pre-selector transmission. A rival to models from Alvis, Bentley and Lagonda, just 97 BI 105s are thought to have been made.|This fascinating project has been in the current ownership for the past eight years following its acquisition from Birmingham coac
Year of Make: 1967
- Original RHD UK supplied example with 62,500 recorded miles|- Re-painted in 2013, over-drive equipped and known ownership from new|- Overhauled carburettors last year, MOT''d to July 2018 and ready to be enjoyed|Donald Healey''s eponymous company built a prototype two-seater sports car for display at the 1952 London Motor Show that not only impressed the public, but also so excited Austin''s Managing Director, Leonard Lord, that he struck a deal to build the car in volume at Longbridge. The newcomer was renamed the Austin-Healey 100 and the rest, as they say, is history. The ''Big'' Healey enjoyed steady development with the four cylinder cars giving way to the 100-Six of 1956, which was replaced by the first of the 3000s in 1959. The final version was the 3000 MKIII which was launched in October 1963 and mildly upgraded (Phase 2) in May the following year. The most powerful and luxurious of all the models, it had a lively performance courtesy of its 150bhp straight-six engine and fe
- Delightful example restored in 2013 by Signature Classics|- Celeste Crociera with cream interior, MoT to September 2018|- 600cc engine, synchromesh gearbox, converted to righthand drive|Debuting in 1957, the Nuova 500 featured unitary construction and all-independent suspension. Introduced in 1960, the rare 500 D Trasformabile offered a full length folding roof and more performance from a detuned version of the Sport model''s powerplant. Now a true motoring icon, the 500 is recognised as a landmark design in the history of motoring. This charming righthand drive conversion was sourced in Italy and professionally restored in 2012 by Signature Automobiles of Beckenham as a 40th birthday gift for the vendor''s wife. Finished in Celeste Crociera with cream interior, an upgraded 600cc engine gives good performance although since completion of the works the car has been used sparingly and kept in a carcoon. A period looking suitcase complete with labels of 1960s icons adorns the boot. The
One of the great time and effort saving devices of all time, the car or automobile is the most widely used form of motorized transport in the world today. Petrol, electric or hybrid, there are certainly plenty of used cars to choose from upcoming and current auto auctions online.
Karl Benz is generally considered to be the inventor of the modern motor car. He was the first to successfully apply the internal combustion engine to the propulsion of a wheeled vehicle. Today his legacy is all around us, and it's hard to imagine a world without it and the convenience it bestows. Small cars tend to dominate the global best seller list, with the FORD Focus at the very top, followed by the HYUNDAI Elantra, CHEVROLET Cruze, and the Polo and Jetta from VOLKSWAGEN. The only mid-size car in the top ten is the TOYOTA Camry. It's possible to find very reasonably priced used cars amongst these market leading marques. Other hugely popular cars globally are the VOLKSWAGEN Golf, FORD Fiesta, TOYOTA Corolla and HONDA CRV. Gaining ground rapidly in a world growing increasingly environmentally conscious are electric cars. The most highly rated amongst these are the VAUXHALL Ampera and CHEVROLET Volt. On the Sports utility vehicle front the Range Rover Evoque SD4 Dynamic from LAND ROVER seems to be leading the way.
If you wish to buy a used car you have several advantages in your favor. Bear these in mind when you are checking out what is available at used car auctions. Firstly, being cheaper they are far more budget friendly. Secondly, you avoid the hit of the vehicle's first years of rapid depreciation. Thirdly, the cost of insurance will be less. Fourthly, due to increased reliability, buying a used car is far lees of a risk than it used to be. Lastly, you're left with extra cash to add improvements or accessories. Buying a used car could not be more satisfying than when you snap up a bargain at a used car auction.
Here is the list of used cars for sale from various manufacturers you can by used cars auctions from: ABARTH, ACURA, ALFA ROMEO, ALPINA, ARIEL, ASCARI, ASIA MOTORS, ASTON MARTIN, AUDI, AUSTIN, AUTOBIANCHI, BENTLEY, BMW, BRISTOL, BUGATTI, BUICK, CADILLAC, CARVER, CATERHAM, CHEVROLET, CHRYSLER, CITROEN, CORVETTE, DACIA, DAEWOO, DAIHATSU, DAIMLER, DATSUN, DAVID BROWN, DETOMASO, DFSK, DODGE, DUNKERVOORT, EAGLE, FERRARI, FIAT, FISKER, FORD, FSO, GALLOPER, GENERAL MOTORS, GEO, GINETTA, GLOBAL ELECTRIC, GREAT WALL, HOILDEN, HONDA, HUMMER, HYUNDAI, INFINITI, INNOCENTI, INVICTA, ISUZU, IVECO, JAGUAR, JEEP, JOSSE, KIA, KODE, KOENIGSEGG, KTM, LADA, LAMBORGHINI, LANCIA, LAND ROVER, LANDWIND, LASALLE, LEXUS, LINCOLN, LOTUS, LYKAN, MARCOS, MASERATI, MAYBACH, MAZDA, MCLAREN, MEGA, MERCEDES, MERCURY, MG, MINI, MITSUBISHI, MORGAN, MORRIS, NISSAN, NOBLE, OLDSMOBILE, OPEL, PACKARD, PAGANI, PERODUA, PEUGEOT, PGO, PLYMOUTH, PONTIAC, PORSCHE, PRINCE, PRINCESS, PROTON, PUCH, QVALE, RADICAL, RAM, REGAL, RENAULT, ROLLS-ROYCE, ROVER, SAAB, SALEEN, SATURN, SCION, SEAT, SHELBY, SKODA, SMART, SPECTRE, SRT, SSANG YONG, SUBARU, SUZUKI, TALBOT, TATA, TESLA, THINK, TOYOTA, TRIDENT, TRIUMPH, TVR, ULTIMA, VAUXHALL, VOLKSWAGEN, VOLVO, WESTFIELD, XIALI, ZX.