The reward for quality!
Everybody wants to be found on Google. For that you have to be on top of the result list. Any high placement means growth of turnover. A study has shown that 89 % of clicks are made on the first page and the topmost position grabs nearly 36 % by itself.
(CTR = Click-Through-Rate = Click, which leads the user to the website)
What drives Google?
Google defines itself as a service, which provides the maximum amount of information on the world wide web. Google is constantly indexing all websites and their contents. When Google finds a context that seems to be relevant for the particular website, Google keeps this page in mind and shows it whenever a word belonging to that context is searched. The better the match, the higher the website’s position will be on Google’s result list. Whenever a user clicks the search feedback Google analyses how fast the user returns (= bounce rate) and clicks on the next search result – In that case the result was not the perfect match, which is a negative for Google and thus will rank the site lower. That’s why some pages rank on top and others don’t. Google always asks itself:
„Did I provide my users the best possible results?“
What do I have to do to get highly rated by Google?
To be among the best search results there are some important parameters needed because Google’s users expect them:
6 rules to consider:
- Simple and clear usability of your website also for new users. The users will stay longer and this is a positive sign for Google.
- Page speed of your website should be less than 2 seconds load time. Significantly higher time for loading causes bouncing – and that’s a disadvantage at Google.
- The website should be usable for general smart phones without zooming – e.g. Google analyses if buttons are large enough for clicking and so on.
- Always work on your search engine optimization (SEO) and your performance marketing on Google – professional assistance is judged as a plus.
- Structure your data! Mark product data by manufacturer, type and price to allow Google to recognize them. That supports listing for some requests.
- Gather attention and links. Therefore list on sector-specific platforms and Google will consider these links as “relevant for this industry”.
How do I know what has to be improved?
The most important thing is to use Google Webmaster Tools. Installing is pretty easy. After registration a html-code is provided which has to be integrated into the equal website – that’s it! The technical admin of your website knows, what to do.
What Webmaster Tools are telling you:
- Are there any technical mistakes on my website?
- How many pages are registered at Google?
- For which search requests is my website ranking?
- Does my website work on mobile devices, too?
We’d love to help you!
- Ask for a counselling interview for your Online success
Why the hell do we share our knowledge?
We are experienced e-commerce professionals, passioned in mechanical engineering. Digitalization means change for every industry. This fact creates winners and losers. We’d love to see our clients and partners as winners – that’s all!